Monday, July 28, 2008

::::Love Pt. 2


I very much enjoy Monday's...not only because its my day off which means I can sleep in, relax, do the things I enjoy, or simply get things done.

...I enjoy this sacred day off because it allows me the time to be with the one I love. There are two time/places which afford me the best opportunity with this love...37,ooo ft in the air while flying or my sacred Monday's. I have the most incredible and memorable God encounters while flying...I'm sure the person next to me thinks I'm an emotional wreck...cause I seem to become emo while reading His word and meditating on it as I look out the window at God's majestic sphere. I am not ashamed to say that I'm in love with His word...I hate it when we're apart. Its similar to how many of my married friends use Monday as their date day.

So, today on my beautiful Monday I went to Starbucks and sat outside with my ipod, Bible, very purposeful highlighters {i have a system}, my blue and black pen, a Joyce Meyer book, a notebook, an iced latte, and the very important venti ice water.

I began reading again about LOVE //1 Corinthians 13:4-7//

//Love is patient//
meaning I can't be in a hurry to even meet with God. A life marked by love means I'm patient with people, myself, and even with God's promises. James 1:4 says, So let it grow, for when your endurance/patience is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. Let it grow??? This means I can't skip the rough or hard times in life...because through them I get to the place of lacking nothing.

//Love is not jealous// doesn't compare; in fact, a person of love prays for others to be blessed! And furthermore, prays for others to have what YOU want!!

//Love is not proud or boastful// a person of love is ALWAYS reaching out...looking for ways to love, serve, benefit Christ's body. Because honestly...its not about us. Proverbs 27:1-2 reminds us that its all because of the grace...Don't brag about tomorrow, since you don't know what the day will bring. Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth--a stranger, not your lips. Just as easily as our giftings and abilities come...they can also be taken away. Love never looks down on others. My prayer is that I'd be so full of love that every person I come into contact with would feel: special, valuable, and built up! We must be humble, because proud people can't love people...its an oxymoron.

//Love is not rude// we must "put on love" Col.3:14.

//Love does not demand its own way// the nature of love flows out; it does not turn in. Let go of control and really believe Is 55: 9, His ways and thoughts are higher then ours. And pray the prayer of Moses, If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways (Ex. 33:13). Just trust God and love others.

//Love keeps no record of being wronged// Mark 11:25 believes this is what should be done with offenses: Drop it, leave it and let it go. Enough said.

//Love does not rejoice about injustice// Love hates injustice...it craves justice for others! Matthew 5:6, God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.

//Love never fails//


'Psalm' pick of the day {dedicated to all who ache for a greater capacity to love}

Tracy's Psalm
::sung to the tune of The Escapist::

Love is patient.
This love is kind.
It remembers no wrongs that would try and come to mind.
Because it endures all things...
Its the greatest test of mine.
It craves justice til the end of time.
Oh because of this sweet love of mine...
Love's nature flows out of this heart you find.


much love:::: t

3 comments:

marcushackler.com said...

Preach it!

This is why I love the fact that you are blogging now. I don't have to wait for that one moment in the week when we have a good conversation!

Tracy Wilde said...

ahhh, thx Marcus! I'm really liking this whole blog thing...you inspired me!

naphtali said...

I love this. His LOVE IS so great and all encompassing. I did treasure those "mondays"...and even the one's where we'd get to *bucks together. amazing moments and divine conversations.