the 2008 summer olympics have officially begun... here are some of my thoughts as we begin these 2 glorious weeks...
1. i support the following countries in this order :: the US (obviously), Oz land (Australia...cuz Americans luv the Aussies), and the 51st State (aka, Canada)...no hate comments Canadians...
i also have to show some love to the Swedes and Dutch...cuz i'm a little bit of both.
2. why do we call it "summer" olympics??? while it is summer in the northern hemisphere, its not down south. so...is it weird when the "summer olympics" are hosted in a country when its really their winter???
3. why do the nbc commentators ask the most ridiculously stupid questions?? For example, after Michael Phelps broke his own record in the 400m individual medley preliminary...he was asked, "what was your plan out there?" his response, "um, to get the fastest time." seriously, nbc commentator?! what kind of question is that?
4. the "back stories"... i have so much to say about this it may be a series of posts. but let me at least mention that i instantly become emo the moment i hear Jimmy Roberts' voice. you know its going to be a tear jerker...and why the emo music?! i end up throwing away my #1 thought from above and just cheer on whoever has the sob story jimmy sucked me in with.
5. i love how the world comes together and gets smaller..even if it is only for two weeks.
6. i really like the comments President Bush made to our US Team, "I wasn't exactly sure what to say to you, except to start with, God, I love our country and I love what we stand for. And I love being with you." I like what we stand for too Mr. President...WINNING...oh and freedom and justice for every living person on the globe. No one deserves to miss out on freedom.